![Cambridge area, nearest railway stations](/img/201309-cbgarea.png# fr) We are excited to announce the release of Realtime Trains for Android, the first in a series of mobile apps.
Realtime Trains for Android is available on Google Play for £3.99, starting today! It brings many of the features that we integrated into our website, relaunched last month, into a native app available on your phone.
- Find your nearest stations by location, or search for any station by name or three letter code
- See live departures or arrivals for any station, anywhere, any time. See where and when your train has been, and where it will be.
- Keep getting to the station just in time to see your train rolling off into the distance? We’ll show you if the train’s on the approach to the station, rolling into the platform, or is already there and about to leave… so you know when to run!
- On some high-frequency routes, you’ll get an at-a-glance list of trains with an easy countdown timer in the corner, so it’s fast and easy to see how many minutes you have until each one leaves.
- Find out which platform your train’s leaving from as soon as we know (usually quicker than it goes up on the boards at the station!) You’ll see the planned platform to start, taken from the timetable. When it turns bold, it’s been confirmed: your train is approaching, or at the platform right now.
- Create an alarm for your train’s departure or arrival—never miss your stop again!
- Keep a list of ‘favourite’ trains, for convenient access
- Download the timetable for a particular service so you can access it without a signal
This release is just a first step for our apps. At the moment, the app only supports passenger trains, but we’re working on bringing the detailed mode to mobile in the coming months. Realtime Trains for Android requires Android 2.3 or later, and is optimised both for smartphones and tablets.
We’re also working away at our apps for iPhone and iPad. We plan to start testing for this in the coming weeks, so if you’re interested in helping us test these, keep your eyes peeled for announcements on our apps page!